10K, 5K, 2-Mile Walk & Kids Races
Start your race weekend off by joining us on Saturday, December 14th! Saturday’s events will include a 10K, 5K, 2-Mile Walk and multiple races for kids! Part of the BMW Dallas Marathon Weekend, all Saturday events will start & finish in Downtown Dallas, providing great views of the city. Whether a shakeout run for Sunday or to experience the joy of participating in Marathon Weekend at a shorter distance, these events are the perfect way to start the weekend off right.
10K: 8:30 am
5K: 8:45 am
2-Mile Walk: 9:00 am
runDallas reserves the right to change the course as needed prior to race date.
(All events start/finish at Dallas City Hall Plaza)
This 6.2 mile run course offers great city views as it passes over the Ronald Kirk Pedestrian Bridge, cuts through Downtown and circles Deep Ellum before returning home!
This fast 3.1 mile course takes you through Downtown and Deep Ellum with minimal turns before heading for the finish!
2-Mile Walk (9:00am)
Come get some steps in on our 2-Mile Downtown walk course! All ages are welcome to participate.
We love dogs so we’re welcoming all well-behaved dogs to join you on the 2-Mile walk course.
Kids Races (10:00am)
Kids ages 12 and under are welcome to participate in any one of our shorter distance options: 100m, 400m, 800m or 1-mile! Parents are welcome to accompany their registered child in these events.
- Donation to the Texas Scottish Rite Hospital for Children
- Soft tri-blend participant t-shirt
- High-energy start and finish line experience
- Flat & fast course through the heart of downtown Dallas
- Course entertainment to help motivate you along the way
- Custom finisher’s medallion for all finishers
- Overall awards for top male & female finishers (5K and 10K)
- Admission to the Post-Race Party featuring music, food, beverages and complimentary 26.2 Brew (21+)
Rules and Time Limit
In accordance with the guidelines issued by USA Track & Field and Wheelchair Sports USA, only runners, walkers and wheelchair participants will be allowed on the course. See the official rules for a complete list of course guidelines. The time limit is 1 hour for the 5K and 2 hours for the 10K (20-minute per mile pace or better).
|Event||Dec.||5/1 to 5/31||6/1 to 8/31||9/1 to 10/31||11/1 to Event Day|
Complete Your Marathon Weekend
Looking for a challenge? Participants can take part in both a Saturday race and a Sunday race and receive even more swag! That’s right, register for the 2019 Weekend Series and earn a bonus medal, a custom finisher jacket and other amenities!
Pegasus Runners Lounge
Upgrade Your Race Weekend!
Available both Saturday, Dec. 14th ($59) and Sunday, Dec. 15th ($99) of race weekend.
- Heated Private Tent Access Near the Start/Finish Line
- Guaranteed Start in Corral A
- Complimentary Race Day Parking
- Pre-Race Snacks & Beverages
- Post-Race Brunch
- Private Restrooms
*The Pegasus Runners Lounge pass can also be purchased during online registration.