Race Weekend Information
This page provides key race weekend information for 2019 participants and will be updated throughout the year. All participants will receive an email a few days prior to race weekend with last minute information. Should you have any additional questions, we suggest you visit our FAQ page or reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Carb Loading Dinner
Pegasus Runners Lounge Tent at Dallas City Hall Plaza
- Friday, December 13th – 6:00 to 8:00 p.m.
- Saturday, December 14th – 6:00 to 8:00 p.m.
Cost is $29/person and tickets can be purchased in advance HERE.
Packet Pick-up Details
Kay Bailey Hutchinson Dallas Convention Center – Hall C
650 S. Griffin St., Dallas, TX 75202
- Friday, December 13th – 11:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m.
- Saturday, December 14th – 9:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m.
*No race day packet pick-up
**Packets will not be mailed unless the ‘Race Packet Mailing’ option was selected during registration (fee applies)
Packet Pick-up Information for the BMW Dallas Marathon Weekend of Events
Marathon, Half Marathon & Ultra Marathon
SMU Cox School of Business Relay – 2-Person & 4-Person
We strongly encourage just the team captain to pick up the race packets to reduce crowding in the packet pick-up area.
Packet Pick-up Checklist
- Make sure you make all stops to pick up all packet items: race bib, chip, participant shirt and final instructions
- Don’t forget safety pins
- Check your race bib for accuracy
- Fill out the emergency contact information on the back of your bib
- See the info desk to resolve any questions or issues. Don’t wait until race day to ask for help!
Race Bib Accuracy
How to Wear Your Bib
Important Timing Tag Instructions
- ChronoTrack B-Tag timing tags will be attached to the back of your bib for timing
- Do NOT remove the timing tags from the back of your bib
- You MUST wear your bib on the most outer layer of clothing. Do not cover your bib
- Your bib must be clearly visible and worn on the front side of your body
- Do NOT fold your bib
The BMW Dallas Marathon begins and ends in Downtown Dallas at the corner of Marilla St. and S. Akard St. (Dallas City Plaza). Runners will have access to many surface parking lots during race weekend that are within walking distance to the Health & Fitness Expo, start & finish line and post-race party area. However, we strongly recommend taking DART to avoid parking delays.
Runners and spectators can easily travel to the BMW Dallas Marathon Health & Fitness Expo, the start & finish line and throughout the run course via DART Rail ($5.00).
- from the North/Northeast, using the Red Line
- from the North, using the Green Line
- from Irving, using the Orange Line
- from the South, using the Red, Blue, or Green Lines
Stations close to event venue:
- Convention Center Station: DCC, start & finish line and relay buses
Stations close to marathon course for spectator viewing;
- Mockingbird Station (near mile 7)
- White Rock Station (near mile 14.5)
Key Departure Stations
Plano (near Parker Road and Central Expressway/Hwy 75):
- First train leaves at: 4:21 a.m.
- Departures before 7:00 a.m.: 5
- Travel Time to West End: 44 mintues
North Carrollton (near G. Bush Turnpike & I-35):
- First train leaves at: 4:19 a.m.
- Departures before 7:00 a.m.: 6
- Travel Time to West End: 41 minutes
Irving Convention Center (near Hwy 114 & W. Northwest Hwy):
- First train leaves at: 5:19 a.m.
- Departures before 7:00 a.m.: 4
- Travel Time to West End: 33 minutes
When you arrive at your departure station, purchase a “Local Day Pass” from a ticket vending machine (some stations accept credit cards, most only accept cash), good for round-trip service all day. For help figuring out the most convenient route, call DART at 214-979-1111 or visit Dart.org. Plan to arrive at your local station no later than 6:30 a.m. since the DART trains will fill up fast.
To view DART Stations and Rail Lines to the Convention Center, click here: DART Rail System Map.
Gear check will be available for all BMW Dallas Marathon Weekend participants on both Saturday and Sunday. Runners will ONLY be allowed to deposit the provided, clear plastic participant bags at the gear check area starting at 6:00 a.m. on race morning. There will be no advance Gear Check. The BMW Dallas Marathon will issue the race-approved bags during packet pickup at the Health & Fitness Expo.
The BMW Dallas Marathon is not responsible for lost or damaged items.
Start & Finish Line Information
All events start and end at the intersection of Marilla St. and S. Akard St. (Dallas City Hall Plaza). Official start times vary for Saturday events (see Saturday Races), but the official start time for all Sunday events is 8:30 a.m. Sunday’s events will consist of four different corral starts.
Corral Information (Sunday Events only)
Race numbers will be sent via Email the Wednesday before race day. Your corral assignment will be printed on your race bib that you will receive at packet pick-up. Corral assignments are made based on your estimated finish time that you entered during registration. Corrals will open starting at 6:00 a.m. on race day and will close and start according to this schedule:
|Corral A||8:25 a.m.||8:30 a.m.|
|Corral B||8:35 a.m.||8:40 a.m.|
|Corral C||8:45 a.m.||8:50 a.m.|
|Corral D||8:45 a.m.||9:00 a.m.|
* For those wishing to move corrals, you will only be permitted to move backwards. For example, if you have been assigned Corral B, you may move back to Corral C, however, you may not move forward to Corral A.
Aid Station Information
- Mile 2 (HM & M)
- Mile 4.25 (HM & M)
- Mile 5.25 (HM & M)
- Mile 6.5 (HM & M)
- Mile 8 (HM & M)
- Mile 9.25 (HM & M)
- Mile 9.5 (M)
- Mile 10.75 (HM & M)
- Mile 11.25 (M)
- Mile 11.5 (HM & M)
- Mile 12.25 (HM & M)
- Mile 12.5 (M)
- Mile 14.25 (M)
- Mile 15.5 (M)
- Mile 17 (M)
- Mile 18 (M)
- Mile 19 (M)
- Mile 20 (M)
- Mile 22 (M)
- Mile 24 (M)
- Mile 24.75 (M)
- Mile 25.5 (M)
*HM – Half Marathon, *M – Marathon
There will be more than 20 water stops along the BMW Dallas Marathon Course. All stations will provide water and Gatorade Endurance Formula to runners.
Gatorade Endurance products were made for endurance athletes to help fuel your unique needs during training and on the course at the BMW Dallas Marathon. Gatorade Endurance formula has a 2:1 glucose:fructose blend, helping the body maximize carbohydrate absorption and use and reduce the risk of GI distress during your long run session. Lemon-Lime Gatorade Endurance formula is served on-course at the various aid stations along the BMW Dallas Marathon, Half Marathon and Ultra course. Learn more about the Gatorade Endurance line of products at www.GatoradeEndurance.com.
Marathon & Half Marathon Pace Teams
The Dallas Running Club will provide pacers for both the full and half marathon! The Dallas Running Club Pace Team promises to provide fun and excitement for both first time and experience half marathoners looking to reach their running goals – whether that’s a personal best or just getting across the finish line.
The Dallas Running Club Pace Team will be at the Dallas Running Club booth during the Health & Fitness Expo. Runners are encouraged to stop by to sign up and meet their pacer!
The Pace Team Work
Each Pace Leader will run even splits (every mile will be run in the same amount of time) throughout the race, and following your Pace Team Leader, you’ll cross the finish line under two minutes of your goal time.
The following times that DRC Pacers will be running for the full marathon are:
For those running the half marathon, the following times that DRC Pacers will be running are:
Meet Your Pace Leader at the Expo
You can meet your Pace Team Leader before the race at the Health & Fitness Expo. Ask them about their marathoning background, how they fuel themselves during the race, and any other helpful tips.
Where to Meet on Race Day
On race morning you’ll see them lined up according to their pace and holding signs with their finish times. Just fall in with your group and you’re good to go!