runDallas is launching its first-ever Ambassador Program for the BMW Dallas Marathon Weekend! We are seeking enthusiastic runners who are familiar with or excited about promoting the 2019-2020 (our 50th anniversary) BMW Dallas Marathon Weekend and who identify with our mission of “promoting health and physical fitness through running events and related activities.” Our community of enthusiastic runners is always growing, and we want you to help us spread reliable information, promote health, and inspire individuals to reach their goals. Our 2019-2020 Ambassadors will be an extension of the runDallas family, and we can’t wait to meet you!
2020 Ambassador Applications Are Now Being Accepted!
Who we’re looking for:
- Runners who are familiar with or excited about promoting the 2019 BMW Dallas Marathon Weekend and our 50th Anniversary during our 2020 BMW Dallas Marathon Weekend
- Individuals who identify with our nonprofit mission of “promoting health and physical fitness through running events and related activities”
- Individuals with strong demonstrable skills in one or more of the following areas: social media/blogging, content creation (video/photo), community outreach, group recruitment, involvement in running clubs or other health-focused social groups
- Must be able to commit from October 1, 2019 to December 31, 2020
- Must be able to attend the 2019 and 2020 BMW Dallas Marathon Weekends (December 13-15, 2019 and December 11-13, 2020)
What you’ll do:
- The primary job of an Ambassador is to help cultivate community around the BMW Dallas Marathon brand. As Dallas’ longest running Marathon, we are seeking individuals to perpetuate a positive, inclusive, inspiring culture surrounding the race.
- Utilize your public social media presence to promote content about the BMW Dallas Marathon Weekend including, but not limited to, registration information, race weekend logistics, merchandise, travel, community, charitable giving, runner stories, facts and figures, volunteers, sponsors and activations, etc.
- Distribute marketing collateral and attend Expos, training runs, group runs, etc., on behalf of the BMW Dallas Marathon
- Interact with other Ambassadors via monthly video conference calls and through an invite-only Facebook group
What you’ll receive
- Free race entry into the 2019 and 2020 BMW Dallas Marathon Weekend of Events
- Complimentary entry to the Pegasus Lounge for 2019 and 2020
- runDallas and BMW Dallas Marathon swag mailed periodically during your term
- Social media exposure on runDallas channels and emails
- Team insider information from the runDallas race staff
How we’ll evaluate ambassador performance:
- Ambassador performance will be evaluated based on visibility in their communities, both digital and physical, as well as quality of work and time committed.
- Please note that while we are looking for individuals with substantial social media presence, we are also looking to build a diverse group of Ambassadors with complementary skill sets such as: content creation (photography/videography), community outreach, promotional event planning, etc.
- Ambassador perks will be distributed to all selected ambassadors on a pre-determined schedule. Perks will not be distributed based on performance.
- Ambassadors agree to be part of the program from October 1, 2019 to December 31, 2020.
- Ambassadors may not promote personal political or religious viewpoints on their public social media pages.
- Ambassador terms expire after the 2020 BMW Dallas Marathon Weekend. Ambassador terms do not automatically renew, and all Ambassadors will be required to re-apply each registration cycle.
- Ambassadors are not financially compensated in any way. We do not subsidize travel, lodging, reimburse expenses, or issue payment of any kind.
- We reserve the right to terminate any Ambassador from the program at any time during their term for any reason.