Sunday Events – Relays
2-Person Half Marathon & 5-Person Marathon Relays
The concept is simple and a lot of fun: a half or full marathon relay, run by teams of runners. This race is perfect for team building or for those wishing to participate in race weekend at a shorter distance! Take part in either our 2-person Half Marathon Relay or our 5-person Marathon Relay both of which are sure to provide a fun experience for friends, family and/or co-workers!
- Donation to Scottish Rite for Children
- Soft tri-blend participant t-shirt
- Raffle ticket for your chance to win a new special edition 2021 BMW 4 Series Coupe
- High-energy start and finish line experience
- First-class course highlighting the city’s most vibrant neighborhoods, entertainment districts and iconic Dallas landmarks
- Course entertainment to help motivate you along the way
- Commemorative finisher’s medallion for all finishers
- Overall awards for top finishing teams for both the 2-Person and 5-Person Relays
- Team categories include:
- Co-Ed Masters (40+)
- All Male
- All Male Masters (40+)
- All Female
- All Female Masters (40+)
- Team categories include:
- Long-sleeve performance blend finisher shirt (event specific)
- Admission to the Post-Race Party featuring music, food, beverages and complimentary Samuel Adams & Truly (21+)
- Exclusive $50 VIP Rewards Cash to spend on your first pair of running shoes purchased through Road Runner Sports.
All members of finishing relay teams receive commemorative medals. Relay finisher medals will be handed out at the exchange points and at the finish line to the final runner of each team. Both the participant and finisher shirts will be given to the team captain at packet pick-up located at the Expo.
New for 2021: The 5-Person relay is back by popular demand! We are still offering the 2-person half marathon relay option, but are adding back the 5-person marathon relay option offering a wider variety of distances making it easier for everyone to participate. See details below!
This half marathon relay option will follow the half marathon course and be split into two legs with distances of approximately 7 and 6 miles each. Runner one will start at Dallas City Hall Plaza and then hand off the relay wristband to runner two at Glencoe Park. Runner two will then run the remainder of the half marathon course back to Dallas City Hall Plaza. Please see the course map below for further details.
This full marathon relay option will follow the marathon course and offers five relay legs with varying distances between 3 and 7 miles. Runner one will start at Dallas City Hall Plaza and then the relay wristband will be handed off at the various relay exchange points to the other members of the team. Please note, each relay runner is responsible for getting to their respective exchange point on race morning. For a breakdown of distances and locations of each exchange point, please click on the course map below.
runDallas reserves the right to change the course as needed prior to race date.
Rules and Time Limit
In accordance with the guidelines issued by USA Track & Field and Wheelchair Sports USA, only runners, walkers and wheelchair participants will be allowed on the course. See the official rules for a complete list of course guidelines. The time limit for all relay participants to complete the 2-Person half marathon relay course is 4 hours and for the 5-Person marathon relay course, teams will have 6.5 hours to complete.
|Event||5/1 to 9/30||10/1 to 11/30||12/1 to Event Day|
|2-Person Half Marathon Relay||$189||$219||$239|
|5-Person Marathon Relay||$399||$449||$499|
*Packet pick-up for the Relay will take place at the
Health & Fitness Expo on Friday, December 10th (11am to 7pm) and Saturday, December 11th (9am to 6pm).
There is no race morning packet pick-up.
Only one person will need to pick up the relay team packet. It can either be the team captain or any other member of the team.
Be sure to know your team name when you come to packet pick-up.